• RSS
Comments



A few weeks ago when the semester started back up, I told my friend Ryan about this class and how much I was looking forward to it. He replied, "damn you! I wanted to get into that course but it filled up too quickly!" Then, while we were still on the topic of zombies, he suggested that I watch the movie Dead Snow. I had never seen it before and immediately became interested when he said that the zombies in the movie were Nazi zombies. I happen to be a huge fan of the game mode in Call of Duty, Nazi Zombies. If you have never played this game before, it's pretty simple. It's you VS Nazi zombies. As you progress through the levels, the zombies become increasingly faster and more aggressive. Last semester, I spent many afternoons with my roommate Andy, strapped to the teeth, mowing down the increasingly wild horde of undead Nazi's as they came barreling towards us. This game literally consumed way too many hours of my life last semester, I probably would have made the dean's list if i wasn't so hooked on it, well probably not, but my GPA definitely would've been a little higher. Getting back on topic, killing zombies (or watching them get killed), especially when they're Nazi zombies, is pretty damn satisfying. So, when I found the time, I watched Dead Snow, hoping it was as good as Ryan had described it. First things first, he failed to mention that this movie was in Norwegian. There were subtitles, which aren't that bad, but still...kind of a big detail to leave out, right? Well the movie wasn't very good, wasn't bad, but definitely wasn't good. I did, however, enjoy the final fight scene between the last three survivors and a TON of Nazi zombies. I'll save you the description, here is a the final scene:

WARNING: If you don't like seeing blood, don't watch this, but since your already in this class, I'm guessing it doesn't bother you that much. Just thought I'd warn ya, it's a bloodbath...



Awesome, right?! As a member of the Defense Council in the Meir Survivors, this is exactly how I imagine my last stand going, except for the whole my friend getting stabbed repeatedly and then getting his limbs torn off detail. When it comes down to it like it did here, your going to either turn and run in the opposite direction or stand and fight with everything you've got. Me, I'd fight it out to the death like these guys did. If your gonna go down, do it in style.

As a side note, I didn't do a very good job surviving in Can You Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Maybe I need to come at my apocalypse survival strategy from a better angle...

Categories:

One Response so far.

  1. Awesome! My roommates and I have been playing a ridiculous amount of Nazi zombies lately. Ever since the start of the class, I've been more and more tempted to play the game. I've never seen Dead Snow, but this battle scene is epic.

Leave a Reply