• RSS
Comments



           Writing this last blog has been more difficult than any of the others. Keeping my attention focused  on this endeavor  has been nearly impossible.  It is not that the subject matter doesn't interest me anymore or that  I have nothing to say, I always have something to say. Some people might call it senioritus but I have gone full on zombie. Instead of BRAAAAAAINS, it's GRAAAAAAADUAAAAATE. Without noticing the transition I have gone from a human with agency to some sort of end of the semester ghoul functioning more on muscle memory than brain power. Everyday class, library , gym, class, library, gym, interspersed with the routine, sleep , eat , and occasionally bar. Why am I doing these things?  Am I actually trying to accomplish something or am I just shutting down and running out the clock? How is it that I didn't notice the break down of conscious thought? Does anyone else feel this way? Is it a senior thing, or does it go beyond that? Is it because it seems like summer will never arrive? What do you all think?

Categories:

5 Responses so far.

  1. This is something I think about a lot towards the end of a semester, especially this one being the last of my college career. For me, these last few weeks have consisted of early mornings/late nights in combination with coffee/energy drinks. I also feel almost zombie/ghoul like with my mind constantly strained to the point of numbness and being almost reanimated via heavy amounts of caffeine.

  2. M.Sturges says:

    This is absolutely a thing. It's largely inexplicable and I cant put my finger on any one source, but it has pervaded all aspects of my life. Lethargy, dulled attention span, boredom and more have replaced my general enthusiasm for school work. Caffeine has become my only way to manufacture any artificial enthusiasm. As a senior, I look back and question if this was common before every summer break but i cant remember this level of numbness. I can definitely sympathize with this blog post and the zombie-like way i wander class to class these days.

  3. Unknown says:

    I completely agree with all of you and the same has been happening to me. I know toward the end of each semester I always begin getting antsy for summer, but I also would grow pretty motivated to finish the year on a high note. Right now though, I am a complete zombie going through the motions of school. Coffee is getting me through the year, pretty much on it's own. I think after almost four years of college we are all running on auto pilot. Zombie.

  4. Unknown says:

    I can totally relate to this post right now. With summer vacation approaching, I feel myself becoming more lethargic and less motivated to get work done. Also, due to the amount of work I have to complete, I haven't been able to get much sleep, which has made me feel even more zombie like. Hopefully summer vacation comes soon!

  5. Unknown says:

    I totally agree with what you are saying. I am graduating next month as well and senoritis has definitely set in. I feel like I am going through my routine, but not doing much else. I just can't wait to be done. It's going to be amazing to see how much we waken up after graduation! Just a couple more weeks people!!!

Leave a Reply