• RSS
Comments


      I spent all this semester looking at the class material through the perspective of the zombie.  I had to come to the realization that there is not much redeemable about the zombie in most cases.  The only two exceptions from the material we had in class is Warm Bodies and Delice (where the zombie is used to murder an evil person).  Otherwise, I have to look at the zombie as an evil plague on humanity that is there to destroy it.  I had become complacent with my place as a damned being hellbent on destroying humanity, until I started thinking about being a zombie in a slightly different perspective. That perspective being Christianity.
      I started thinking about the catholic canon of beliefs about Armageddon.  I came to the conclusion that I, as a zombie, am not the damned scourge from hell.  I am in fact the hand of God.  The zombie plague can be looked at as the rapture.  The good people are taken from this earth and the ones remaining are the heathens and non-believers.  They are left to fend for themselves while God resurrects the dead (zombies) to wipe out the evil of mankind and establish a true kingdom of God on earth.  Therefore, I am not an evil being, I am a soldier in the army of God trying to wipe out the remaining evil human scourge so we can bring a peaceful kingdom of God on earth.
     Think about it.  Zombies don't attack each other.  Zombies don't get jealous.  Zombies aren't mad when one zombie gets a little more food than another zombie.  Zombies are content with what they have.  Isn't this the idea of peace on earth?  A world without the pain and anguish of greed, corruption, or power?  Zombie is the utopian society we all wish and hope for.  It is man who causes all the evil and corruption.  Therefore, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I say embrace your zombie overlords and join the one true faith. You will be blessed with an eternity of happiness.....and BRAINS!!!

Categories:

2 Responses so far.

  1. Before taking this class I probably would not have taken this post very seriously. However, now that i've looked into the connections between zombies and Christianity, mostly through Michael Gilmour's "The Living Word Among the Living Dead: Hunting for Zombies in the Pages of the Bible", I have noticed how numerous and clear these connections are. I think you make a great point in saying that zombies could take on an alternative role as the wrath of god durring the rapture.

  2. Drybones says:

    If your interested in the zombie from a Christian perspective, I worked on this and posted my ideas at http://trentdejong.com/?p=592. Zombies are, in essence, what the modern secular self is without transcendence. The fact that we aren't literally zombies should tell us that there is more to humanity that material. But without acknowledgement of this fact, we are defacto zombies. I look forward to visiting this site a lot more in the future. I just discovered it tonight.

Leave a Reply