• RSS
Comments

Hey ya'll,
   I have been trying to figure out what I was going to post about for the past couple of weeks. It's our last set of posts so we have to go out with a BANG right? Well, honestly, I couldn't find anything spectacular. But, I eventually did find some inspiration...

   I'm sure many of you have heard about the Spartan Race. It is basically an obstacle course that pushes you mentally and physically in every aspect. It is one of the hardest races that you will ever be involved in. Well, I am doing this race in September with some of my friends. I continually go to the website to motivate myself for the race. Well, recently, the website uploaded a new video that is a motivational speaker talking about being successful. While watching this video, zombies automatically popped into my head.
   Now, I bet you are wondering what the connection is between the race, the video and zombies right? Personally I think all this talk about learning to use guns and building bunkers and whatnot is useless without good physical fitness. This race and training for this race is what would prepare a person best for the apocalypse. Not only do you have to be able to push yourself physically (cardio and strength wise), but you also have to push yourself mentally. Having these skills in a zombie apocalypse would be ten times more useful than having a gun. You need to be able to mentally handle killing a zombie. I know many of us don't think that would be hard, but what if it was your mother? Also, you need to be able to handle yourself physically. You need to be able to run like hell and have the strength to pull a zombie off yourself and bash their skull in.
   So much emphasis has been put on ways to prepare yourself using material things, but people have ignored the fact that material things won't really matter if you don't have the physical and mental capacity to handle an apocalypse. Just something to think about.
   Here is the link to the website if anyone is interested in watching the video or joining the race. I highly recommend doing both. The video isn't only motivating for physical fitness, but it is also great for any other aspect of life. For seniors, it may be really helpful with pushing through these last few weeks!

http://www.spartanrace.com/

Categories:

3 Responses so far.

  1. I plan on doing the spartan race as well! It looks like a great challenge and something to aim and train for! But I definitely agree with you on the whole aspect of physical and mental challenges needed in this and post apocalyptic world. One thing that is very important to mention about it as well is that it also is about team building, which is equally important in trying to survive in a zombie infested world. You must be bale to help teammates in tasks as getting over a wall, help mentally force them through freezing cold water and so on. In a world that has gone to shit, a lot of people tend to close themselves off from everyone else, especially when losing someone close, but teambuilding and staying together is just as important to successfully surviving the zombie apocalypse.

  2. Miles says:

    You should definitely do it. I ran a tough mudder last summer and it was an awesome experience, I'm hooked and I've been training for the next one ever since. It awesome to see so many strangers helping each other out to accomplish the whole course together and as a team. I would agree with both of what you guys said about team-building and especially learning to trust people you don't know along the way. I have also heard about a race that has volunteers dress up as zombies and they try to steal flags that you keep on your waistline along the way. That would be a cool race to do as well, to see if you could make it to the end without getting tagged by one.

  3. Unknown says:

    I definitely agree with your main point here. You can have all the weapons in the world, but they won't help you if you can't bring yourself to use them, or if you don't have the strength to wield them. We can sit around and strategize in the safety of the classroom, but in an actual zombie survival scenario, we wouldn't be save by plans and scheming, but by quick thinking, quick reactions, and definitely quick running.

Leave a Reply